“Phew! The mountain bike tour from Bad Vigaun to the Schlenkenalm via Adnet is really something. It’s a good thing that we have rented an E-bike for the day. The wonderful scenery is ample compensation for the length of the tour. As we pass through the wonderful scenery, the views become better and better the higher we get. At last the Schlenkenalm appears after a bend, and invites us for a lovely refreshment break. We have certainly earned one, even though we are an E-bikes…”
What sounds like a dream come true for every nature-loving bike is daily business for us in the Tennengau region. There are up to 22 marked mountain bike tours offering a full programme of active, athletic bike sport. Bikers can choose for themselves the challenge they seek when it comes to technique and stamina. Leisure bikers and those who don’t like the idea of exerting effort to get up high can enjoy cycling along the Tauernradweg cycle route with its fantastic views, breathtaking waterfalls, romantic points and cosy places for refreshment stops.
The Tauernradweg cycle route is THE highlight for leisure bikers. As the name suggests, this varied cycleway takes you into the kingdom of the Hohe Tauern mountains. If you like, you can continue along the Salzach and Saalach rivers for up to 310 km.
Cheese Tour, Marble Tour, & Salt Tour
The “Käse-Tour “ is similarly leisurely, yet in no way less rich in experiences. It takes you over a distance of 21 km into the world of cheese tasting and tells you you about cheese production. The “Marmor-Tour” and the “Salz-Tour” are also tours named to reflect their focuses. What you waiting for?
- Scheffau/Lammer route: 42 km, 146 vertical metres, approx. 3 h, EASY
- Wiestal route: 24 km, 336 vertical metres, approx. 2 h, EASY
- Bluntautal route: 33 km, 172 vertical metres, approx. 2 h, EASY
- Käse-Genuss Tour (cheese): approx. 26 km, 250 vertical metres, approx. 2 h, EASY
- Natur-Erlebnis Tour (nature experience): approx. 21 km, 180 vertical metres, approx. 2 h, EASY
- Salz & Seen Tour (salt & lakes): approx. 45 km, 200 vertical metres, approx. 4 h, MODERATE
… by mountain bike, if you embark on one of the most beautiful mountain biking tours in the Tennengau region. You have the choice between a more leisurely Alm tour and a more technically demanding tour over several days such as the Dachsteinrunde or a circular tour around the Tennengebirge mountains. Don’t worry though, no one has to take on more than they can manage. With suitable equipment and an E-bike, even the longest tour is fantastic for all the family.
Our mountain bike tours - Highlights around Bad Vigaun:
- Bad Vigaun to the Schlenkenalmen via Adnet: 31 km, 1,045 vertical metres, approx. 3.5 h, MODERATE
- Up the Trattberg: 44 km, 1,297 vertical metres, approx. 4 h, DIFFICULT
- Salzburger Almentour: 3-day tour: 147 km and 4,170 vertical metres
- Dachsteinrunde: 4-day tour , up to 269 km and 7.900 vertical metres
- Watzmann-Hochkönig-Runde: 7-day circular tour: 277 km and 7,775 vertical metres