Winter as we imagine it should be: the landscape covered in deep snow, ice cold nights, sunny winter days and a wealth of opportunities to make winter holidays an unforgettable experience. That’s how we define WINTER in the Tennengau region, and that’s exactly how our guests experience it each year. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a skier, nature lover, or someone who wants to relax on a Ski and Spa holiday.
Get an overview of the winter sports possibilities in the Tennengau region in the Winter Guide Tennengau.
Alpine skiing certainly features on the programme in Salzburgerland, and the name of the game in the Tennengau region is VARIETY. There are a total of 240 km of pistes for skiers and snowboarders, ragning from small, family ski areas particularly suited to beginners and children, through to the large Dachstein West ski area that offers social conditions, the latest in lift technology, and athletic pistes with perfect natural snow. The Postalm and Karkogel areas and the Moosegg lift round off the choice of skiing and pistes in the Tennengau region.
If you are one of those people who like to explore the winter landscape under your own steam, then you will surely be interested in the many fantastic ski tours and snowshoe walks in the Tennengau region. Schlenken, Bad Vigaun’s local mountain, is a top tour destination not only in summer, but also for ski tourers and snowshoe walkers in winter, attracting them with its magic. Experienced winter alpinists like to go touring up to the Postalm, around the Gaissau-Hintersee, or in the Tennengebirge mountains. The classic ski tours in the Hohe Tauern are also just a car journey away.
Winter holidays don’t always have to be just about skiing or mountaineering. In Bad Vigaun itself, as well as in Adnet and Kuchl, there are beautiful cross-country skiing trails with wonderful views for active winter sports people. The Postalm and Abtenau are well known for their fantastic, exciting toboggan runs offering fun for the family. Further winter fun can be had in the valley with numerous ice rinks, curling, and winter hiking paths.
Those wanting to enjoy their winter holiday to the full should go for the combination of ski and spa.
Enjoy some active exercise, then relax in Bad Vigaun
In winter, nothing beats the feeling of immersing yourself in the soothing heat of the Bad Vigaun Spa Baths after a long active day on the pistes. The Roman bath with a water temperature of 36°C brings tired muscles back to life in no time, and after a few infusions in the Finnish sauna or the rock sauna, there is nothing stopping you enjoying another sporty day in the snow.
- 240 km of pistes provide winter sport deluxe, from family ski areas through to the Dachstein West ski circuit.
- The best conditions for skiing holidays with children and the whole family.
- Ski and snowboard schools and courses for everyone provide what is needed for those wanting to become a great winter sports person.
- TOP equipment hire shops offer the best equipment for your skiing or snowboarding holiday.
Experts offer advice and assistance in finding appropriate equipment.
- Away from the ski pistes there are lots of beautiful winter hiking paths, ice rinks, cross-country skiing trails, and fabulous, winter scenery for you and your family.
- Ski & Spa, for those wanting to fully relax and treat themselves after a long day on the piste.
- The way to winter sport through your stomach: those who do sport need to eat well. Discover the diversity of our traditional, culinary delights around Bad Vigaun.